Effective Date: 01/01/2020
Attn: Web Manager
Address:2150 South 1300 East, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, UT 84106
- What data do we collect?
- Child Privacy
- How do we collect your data?
- How do we store your data?
- How do we use your data?
- How do we share your data?
- Contests and Surveys
- What are your data protection rights?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How do we manage cookies?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
- Terms and Conditions of Use
What data do we collect?
Grout Doctor collects the following data:
- Non-personal information such as domain names and IP addresses; these items do not reveal personal information about you other than the IP address that you used to access our website.
- Personal identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and password.
- Information about your company or business.
- Information about a gift card recipient.
- When you place an order from our Website, we collect information that is necessary to complete the transaction such as your credit card or debit card number, expiration date, billing address, and shipping address.
Our Website is not designed to appeal to minors, and you are required to be 18 years of age in order to use this Website or provide information to us. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children under 18.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Grout Doctor with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up for an account on our Website.
- Place an order for any products or services using our Website.
- Inquire about our services or products.
- Submit information for an estimate.
- Subscribe to receive communications from us via email or register for an account on our Webpage.
- Participate in any of our surveys, contests, or other marketing events.
- Contact us.
- Submit information for employment considerations.
This above list will change as we add, delete or modify services and/or products we offer through the Website.
How do we store your data?
Grout Doctor securely stores your data at Silicon Mountain Technologies in Arvada, Colorado. The computers/servicers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. However, because data transmission over the Internet is never 100% secure, we cannot guaranty the security of any information you transmit to us from our Website and therefore your use of our Website is at your own risk.
Grout Doctor will store your data indefinitely. Once you provide information for an estimate or to contact us, our database stores your data for an indefinite amount of time. This stored data cannot be deleted but can be inactivated. We use this data to send out surveys and marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of our surveys or marketing campaigns, please click here to unsubscribe.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (e.g. billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
You play a significant role in protecting your information. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy of and protecting the security of your username and password. You are responsible for any transaction made using your username and password. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
If you need to communicate with us regarding your credit card or other payment information, please contact us at the address or email address above.
We are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any non-public information that you provide us or post on the Website. If there is information you wish to protect from disclosure to others, please do not provide it to us.
How do we use your data?
- Send you newsletters and/or communicate promotional offers that may be of interest to you about all of Grout Doctor’s products or services;
- Send you surveys regarding work that has been completed or regarding estimates;
- Process and fill your orders;
- Contact you regarding the processing of your order;
- Improve our products and services;
- Send information to a gift card recipient.
We use aggregated data, which is data that does not identify you personally, for research, commercial purposes, or improving our Website. We may use your email address to contact you to respond to your inquiries, to provide notices to you or to give you information about our products or services.
How do we share your data?
Grout Doctor would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think may interest you. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right to stop Grout Doctor from contacting you for marketing purposes by clicking here to unsubscribe.
We will not sell or otherwise provide the information we collect to outside third parties for the purpose of direct or indirect mass email marketing.
We share customer information with our affiliated companies. We may partner with another party to provide specific services for us, such as credit card processing, shipping, promotional or other support services. We will provide contact or other information necessary for the third party to provide these services for us. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
We further share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties only if:
- You request or authorize it;
- The information is provided to help complete a transaction for you;
- The information is provided to comply with the law, applicable regulations, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use or other agreements, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our users or others;
- The disclosure is done as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g. in the event that we sell assets to another party, customer information may be one of the transferred assets);
- The information is provided to our agents, outside vendors or service providers to perform functions on our behalf;
Grout Doctor may disclose your personal information to third parties for their use in marketing to you unless you tell us not to. In order to opt-out of such sharing or for further information please write to us at:
Grout Doctor Global Franchise Corp.
2150 South 1300 East, Suite 500
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106.
To opt-out or limit your information disclosed: please be sure to include your full name, address, email address and specifically what type of information you do not want to receive. Please allow up to 4 weeks to process your request from the date of receipt.
We will also disclose personal information and/or an IP address when required by law or in the good-faith belief such action is necessary to: (1) cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities and conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on our company; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of our Website and related properties; (3) identify persons who may be violating the law, the rights of third parties, or otherwise misusing our Website or its related properties
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example through email, discussion boards, or elsewhere - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Contests and Surveys
From time to time we may offer promotions, contests or sweepstakes, or conduct surveys. If you choose to participate, we collect information including your name, age, address, telephone number, email address or other contact information. We may also request other information such as demographic information (for example your age or zip code), some of which may be optional. Participation is subject to any official rules governing that promotion, contest or sweepstakes, or governing the survey. The contest information may be used to conduct the promotion and for other business purposes which may include marketing and may be shared with our affiliates, vendors, or third parties in accordance with these privacy policies and the official rules. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring and improving the use and satisfaction of this Website.
What are your data protection rights?
Grout Doctor would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The Right of Access: you have the right to request copies of your personal data from Grout Doctor, we will charge you a small fee for this service to cover our costs associated with providing you the data.
- Right to Rectification: you have the right to request that Grout Doctor correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Grout Doctor to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: you have the right to request that Grout Doctor erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to Restrict Processing: you have the right to request that Grout Doctor restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to Object Processing: you have the right to object to Grout Doctor’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to Data Portability: you have the right to request that Grout Doctor transfer the data we have collected about you to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive that contains information about your computer. Cookies may be used to enable us to track and target your interests for the purpose of enhancing your experience on our Website.
- Keeping you signed in to your account on our Website;
- Understanding how you use our Website;
- To provide services to you, including your order history, address book, etc.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies. Our website uses the following cookies:
- Functionality: Grout Doctor uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our Website and remember your previously selected preferences. This includes what language you prefer and your location. We use a mixture of first-party and third-party cookies. These cookies are not automatically deleted and remain after you leave the Website.
- Session: Grout Doctor uses these cookies to allow each page of our Website to remember you and remember information that you have selected, such as keeping items in your cart when you visit different pages on our Website.
How to manage cookies
If you would like to deactivate our ability to analyze your browsing activity, please email us with the specific request to deactivate your cookies. If you reject certain cookies, you may still browse our Website; however, you may not be able to purchase or have access to all our products and services.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: 877-476-880, Ext. 713
Write us at: 2150 South 1300 East, Suite 500, Salt Lake City, UT 84106
How to contact the appropriate authority
If you wish to report a complaint or if you feel Grout Doctor has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Utah Consumer Protection Division at https://consumerprotection.utah.gov/ .
Terms and Conditions of Use
© 2020, Grout Doctor Global Franchise Corp. All rights reserved.